- Business Insider is hiring a reporter for its fast-growing Your Money vertical.
- The full-time position is based in our Manhattan office and offers a competitive compensation package and benefits.
- Ideal candidates will have insatiable curiosity, especially about the role money plays in the world around us.
Do you love talking – and writing – about money?
Are you excited to explore the psychology of wealth, the challenges of saving, and the way money influences every level of society?
From the conversations you have with friends to the major news stories of the day, money is often a theme lurking just beneath the surface. It’s rarely talked about openly, still isn’t taught in schools, and yet each and every one of us interacts with it daily. If you’ve noticed that before, and if you want to help shed light on the role money plays in our lives through creative storytelling in a fast-paced and fun environment, we want to hear from you.
Candidates should be comfortable writing quick stories that highlight the most interesting angles of the day’s news, while simultaneously working on reported medium-length and long-form features.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Insatiable curiosity and an ability to identify the heart of a story quickly
- A strong voice and writing style that keeps readers engaged
- An ability to package information in a fresh and original way
- An understanding of digital media and how readers consume news on the web
- Previous writing experience, preferably personal finance or business
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Copy-editing skills, light HTML and Photoshop experience, and knowledge of social media are also useful
- Bachelors degree required, journalism degree and/or background preferred
APPLY HERE with your resume and cover letter telling us why this is your ideal job – and why you are the ideal candidate.
Please note that this full time position requires that you work in our Manhattan office. Business Insider offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits and is an equal opportunity employer.
NOW WATCH: Money & Markets videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.