Business Insider, the fastest growing digital news publication in the world, has an exciting opportunity in our New York office. The Office Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day office duties that include kitchen and office supplies restocking, mail and package sorting, conference room upkeep, occasional errands, and other office tasks as needed.
The position requires an office coordinator with some administrative experience who is capable of managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. The candidate should be a natural problem-solver who likes to keep things organised and is always looking for the next way to help. In addition, applicants should be comfortable with Mac products, Google Apps, and tech troubleshooting (printers, some computer problems, etc.). Applicants should also be comfortable with lifting fifty pounds and moving light office equipment such as desks and chairs.
The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented team player with good analytical and problem solving skills, strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and a service-oriented attitude.
With a steady growing team of employees at Business Insider, the ideal candidate for this role would understand the importance of carrying out support tasks with a smile on her or his face and a determination to make the work environment the best it can be. Please send include a cover note with your application to let us know why you’re a good fit for this position.
- Maintain a tidy and efficient office space
- Keep conference rooms, meeting spaces, and other general areas organised and stocked with supplies
- Track office supplies inventory and notify manager when re-ordering is necessary
- Unpack office food and supplies deliveries and distribute as necessary
- Ensure kitchen is fully stocked and tidy throughout the day
- Manage mailroom and sign for mail/packages
- Recognise and escalate more difficult problems to senior staff
- Be able to troubleshoot/Google a problem and solve it quickly
- Work with manager to create a fun company culture through various office activities/events
- Fill in on the reception desk for front desk coordinator on breaks and vacation
Desired skills & experience
- BA/BS degree and/or equivalent education and office experience
- Solid knowledge of Mac products and excellent Google Apps skills
- Well-developed problem-solving skills with the ability to discern alternatives and make objective recommendations
- Detail-oriented, organised, and able to multi-task and prioritise
- Ability to work effectively and communicate with multiple departments that have a wide variety of needs for their teams
- Great attitude and a willingness to learn
If this sounds like the right position for you, please apply online and tell us why you’re a good fit for this role!
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.