Business Insider’s markets team is looking for someone who is fascinated by financial news and wants to tell the world about it.
The ideal intern will be someone who is following the price of oil and gold, the Nikkei in Japan, and the latest developments from the Fed.
We’re looking for someone who gets a thrill out of scouring earning reports, economic data, and futures markets for the next big story. The ideal intern:
- Is a markets data junkie who gets excited by spikes in the DXY, the latest Fed policy decisions and the next big IPO
- Is ready to write short posts that analyse the most interesting nuggets of information about popular stocks
- Has the ability to work at lightning speed
- Has impeccable writing and editing skills
- Has experience curating editorial content and web production
- Is experienced using social media to cover news and engage with users
- As a plus, may have worked in finance in a previous role
Our interns are an integral part of our team, and many of our current writers and editors started as interns. We seek out self-starters and people who are enthusiastic about collaborating with other reporters, video producers, social media editors, and other team members.
This is a full-time internship position at our Flatiron headquarters in New York City. The internship will run for three to six months, and interns are expected to work 40 hours per week.
APPLY HERE with a resume and cover letter telling us why you’re the right person for the internship.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.