Business Insider, the fastest growing digital news publication in the world, has an exciting opportunity in our New York office. The Front Desk Coordinator is responsible for being the first point of contact for guests and staff in our brand new world headquarters, and other office tasks as needed.
The position requires a front desk coordinator with some administrative experience who is capable of managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. The candidate should be the ultimate people person, someone who can answer the phone, greet guests, sign for packages, and tell staff their guests have arrived, all with a smile on her/his face. In addition, applicants should be comfortable with Mac products, Google Apps, and tech troubleshooting (printers, some computer problems, etc.). Applicants should also be comfortable with lifting fifty pounds and moving light office equipment such as desks and chairs.
The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented team player with good analytical and problem solving skills, strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and a service-oriented attitude.
With a steady growing team of employees at Business Insider, the ideal candidate for this role would understand the importance of carrying out support tasks with a smile on her or his face and a determination to make the work environment the best it can be. Please send include a cover note with your application to let us know why you’re a good fit for this position.
- Be the first and last point of contact for guests
- Cover the front desk during business hours
- Input guests into the building’s visitor system
- Coordinate with staff for requirements of VIP guests
- Keep reception area clean & tidy
- Sign for packages and mail as required
- Greet new staff weekly on orientation day
- Assist with set-up and breakdown of events, including ordering food and beverages
- Maintain the tidiness of the seating areas around reception
- Some administrative duties as required
Desired skills & experience
- BA/BS degree and/or equivalent education and office experience
- Solid knowledge of Mac products and excellent Google Apps skills
- Well-developed problem-solving skills with the ability to discern alternatives and make objective recommendations
- Detail-oriented, organised, and able to multi-task and prioritise
- Ability to work effectively and communicate with multiple departments that have a wide variety of needs for their teams
- Great attitude and a willingness to learn
If this sounds like the right position for you, please apply online and let us know why you’re a good fit for this role.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.