Business Insider Australia is looking for an audience and platforms editor to lead the brand’s development and presence across social media and partner media channels.
We connect the digital generation with the news, ideas, technologies, and trends that are changing the world. Your role in driving, shaping, and developing the offering to our audience is unlimited. We’re collaborative and dynamic, with a high-performance culture built for the digital age.
This role combines execution with continuously evolving strategy development across social media channels to ensure Business Insider is telling great stories to our readers and viewers wherever they are.
Working as an integral member of the Australian editorial team, you will lead execution of our social media presence on a daily basis.
But it involves much more than social media editing: on any given day you could move from covering breaking news on multiple channels or planning execution of upcoming features, to reporting on audience trends or talking to our distribution partners.
You will also build and share audience insights, so data numeracy is a must. There is significant scope in the role for expansion and career progression.
The ideal candidate:
- Has experience working on social media and / or audience development in a digital news environment;
- Understands the Business Insider brand, tone and writing voice;
- Has strong general knowledge of current affairs;
- Enjoys working in high-pressure situations as part of a team;
- Communicates clearly, both verbally and in writing;
- Can write quickly and cleanly;
- Has a can-do attitude, and
- Is comfortable publishing on a range of social media platforms.
This is an exciting and challenging new role that will require initiative and fluent digital production skills. It may suit a reporter or digital news producer seeking to expand their skill set and understanding of audiences.
Business Insider’s Australian office is in the Sydney CBD.
To apply, please send a short cover letter (500 words max) and a CV (2 pages max) to jobs [at] businessinsider.com.au. All correspondence will be in strictest confidence. No calls or recruiters.
Applications close July 31, 2017.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.