A Burger King customer claims a recent sandwich contained an unpleasant surprise: a razor blade.
Yolanda Orozco from Willits, California, told local station News10 that she checked the burger for onions and found a razor blade inside.
She had already taken a bite, but fortunately, it was a small one.
“I was in shock. I was just looking at it. Somebody at Burger King was careless,” she told the station.
The police officer involved in the case said that when he investigated the Burger King, he found three other razor blades in close proximity to the food.
The incident, however, was determined to be an accident.
Burger King released this statement in response to the incident:
“Food safety is a top priority for BURGER KING® restaurants globally. Burger King Corp. has strict food handling and guest policies and procedures in place that all crew members are required to follow. Franchisees are responsible for implementing these policies and emphasise the proper food safety procedures to all crew members. The franchisee, who independently owns and operates this restaurant, is fully cooperating with the Willits Police Department.”
The chain also contacted Orozco to see if she needed anything.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.