- One of Bubba Watson’s endorsements is with Richard Mille watches.
- The high-end watch maker made a model just for Watson, with a retail value of $US825,000.
- The watch has a g-sensor that can tell Watson how fast his club is travelling during swings.
Bubba Watson’s most expensive piece of equipment at the Masters costs more than three-quarters of a million dollars, and all it can do is tell him how hard he is swinging and whether or not he will make his tee time.
In 2014, Richard Mille introduced the RM 38-01, a mechanical tourbillon watch with a titanium case designed just for Watson. According to Richard Mille, the retail price for the watch is $US825,000, and only 50 were made.
Beyond the light weight and style Richard Mille watches are known for, the most striking feature of the 38-01 is a g-sensor on the face that’s capable of measuring the g-force of Watson’s swing up to 20 Gs.
Here is a closer view.
It also comes in Watson’s favourite colour, green, matching the two green jackets he has won at the Masters.
This is actually the third watch designed for Watson by Richard Mille. Watson has been wearing the watches in tournaments since 2011.
He was even wearing a previous model when he won the Masters in 2012.
The high-end Richard Mille watches are no strangers to the world of professional sports.
Rafael Nadal has worn Richard Mille watches since 2010, even while playing. His latest model is the RM27-02 has a retail price of $US775,000.
More Masters coverage:
- 34 things that make the Masters one of the quirkiest events in sports
- The Masters has insanely strict rules – here are the things they can throw you out for doing
- How to qualify for the Masters, the world’s most prestigious golf tournament
- How to get tickets to the Masters, one of the most exclusive sporting events in the world
- Food and beer at the Masters is the biggest bargain in sports
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.