- Bryce Dallas Howard said that co-star Taron Egerton’s transformation in “Rocketman” is “unreal.”
- “He looks so much like him,” Howard, who’s promoting her partnership with Tide purclean, told INSIDER. “It’s not just about him actually doing an impersonation of Elton John. It’s about his essence and capturing that.”
- The actress, who stars as John’s mother, Sheila Dwight, in the biopic continued: “It was just so obvious, the sort of physical resemblance. [With] Taron really inhabiting him, it just felt like Elton John was on set.”
- Visit INSIDER.com for more stories.
The actress portrays John’s mother, Sheila Dwight in the film and said that aside from the 29-year-old’s appearance, Egerton also possesses a similar “essence.”
“It’s not just about him actually doing an impersonation of Elton John,” she said. “It’s about his essence and capturing that. It was just so obvious, the sort of physical resemblance. [With] Taron really inhabiting him, it just felt like Elton John was on set.”
“Rocketman” will show how John went from his early years mastering the piano to being deemed one of the most recognised musicians.
Howard went on to say that while filming the biopic, she learned a few new things about John.
“I actually did not know that he had been a prodigy – that he was a piano prodigy since he was a young child,” she said. “He was like Mozart. I didn’t know that, and that to me is amazing.”
“Rocketman” will be released in theatres on Friday, May 31.
- Read more about “Rocketman”:
- ‘Rocketman’ star Taron Egerton joined Elton John onstage for an impromptu performance of ‘Tiny Dancer
- Bryce Dallas Howard says that her ‘Rocketman’ transformation into Elton John’s mum was inspired by her own mother’s appearance
- Watch Taron Egerton belt out ‘Tiny Dancer’ in the new trailer for the Elton John biopic ‘Rocketman’
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.