- “Jurassic World” star Bryce Dallas Howard recently told “ET” that her father, director Ron Howard, was “shook” after he realised that he mistook actress Jessica Chastain for her.
- She said she feels “incredibly flattered” that people think they look alike.
- She added, “Something is wrong when people stop mistaking me for her. I’ll be like, ‘Gotta get it together.'”
- In a recent interview with the Associated Press, Chastain also talked about her and Howard grabbing each other and going to a mirror to conclude that they did in fact “look exactly alike” during a table read for “The Help.”
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Bryce Dallas Howard and Jessica Chastain are well aware that they resemble one another – which made it all the more hilarious when Howard’s dad, director Ron Howard, mistook Chastain for his daughter.
“Legit. Legit. And he was, like, shook,” Howard recently told an “ET” reporter at the grand opening for “Jurassic World – The Ride.”
“At first he was like, ‘You really look so much alike,'” she continued. “I mean, obviously, I’m incredibly flattered, so it’s great.”
She then added, “Although something is wrong when people stop mistaking me for her. I’ll be like, ‘Gotta get it together.'”
While on the press tour for “Dark Phoenix,” Chastain talked about the encounter with Ron Howard in an interview with the Associated Press.
She said she was at an Apple Store with a friend when she noticed the director.
“I was walking by and I was like, ‘that’s Ron Howard’ and then my friend was with me [and] he said [Howard] turned to someone and said ‘I think I just saw Bryce,'” Chastain said.
Chastain also reminisced about the time that the two costarred in “The Help.” She said that when they were finally in the same room together for the table read, the two “grabbed each other’s hands” and went to a mirror.
Chastain added, “We went to the mirror and we looked at each other… and we were like, ‘Yeah, we look exactly alike.'”