- “X-Men” director Bryan Singer is being sued for allegedly sexually assaulting a 17-year-old boy in 2003.
- After the reported incident, Singer, who the plaintiff claims he did not know at the time, allegedly threatened he would ruin the plaintiff’s reputation if he came forward.
- Singer has been in headlines all week after 20th Century Fox fired Singer from its Queen biopic “Bohemian Rhapsody” for “unprofessional” behaviour.
A lawsuit was filed alleging “X-Men” director Bryan Singer sexually assaulted a 17-year-old boy in 2003, according to a complaint filed in Washington state on Thursday.
The lawsuit explains that plaintiff Cesar Sanchez-Guzman attended a party on a yacht in 2003, where he met Singer. The event, which was serving alcohol, was hosted by Lester Waters, a “wealthy tech investor who frequently hosted parties for young gay males,” according to the complaint.
Singer, who Sanchez-Guzman claims he did not know at the time, allegedly offered him a tour of the yacht and lured him into a room, eventually forcing him into various sexual acts. The complaint alleges Cesar had asked Singer to stop throughout the incident.
Singer then reportedly told Sanchez-Guzman that he was a Hollywood producer and could help him with an acting career as long as the victim “never said anything about the incident.”
Singer allegedly threatened that no one would believe the Sanchez-Guzman if he tried to tell someone about the incident. According to the complaint, Singer said that he could “hire people who are capable of ruining someone’s reputation” if Sanchez-Guzman talked.
A representative for Singer reportedly denied the charged and pointed to a different accuser, Michael Egan, who Sanchez-Guzman’s attorney represented in 2014. Egan later withdrew his claims was sentenced to two years in prison in 2015 for lying in a fraud claim.
Singer was in headlines earlier this week after 20th Century Fox fired him from the Queen biopic, “Bohemian Rhapsody” for “unprofessional” behaviour.
Singer is the latest Hollywood figure accused of sexual misconduct after a string of claims that followed a bombshell report that has since toppled Harvey Weinstein, the Hollywood mogul. Following Weinstein’s downfall, several other Hollywood stars, such as actors Kevin Spacey and Jeffrey Tambor have been accused of inappropriate behaviour.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.