Britain’s new £1 coin has officially been released. It is 12-sided and composed of two different metals.
The Royal Mint has made more than 1.5 billion of the new coins.
The old ones will have to be either spent or returned by mid-October when they will become worthless.
Produced by Claudia Romeo
More from Business Insider UK:
- Sony and Marvel just dropped another ‘Spider-Man’ trailer — and it looks amazing
- The Cleveland Cavaliers look worn out, and it could be an ominous sign
- ‘Tesla killer’ Faraday Future just abandoned a project that was key to its growth
- Fashion mogul Chris Burch built a five-star resort on a remote Indonesian island — and it’s officially the best in the world
- Top Democrat tears into House Intel chair Devin Nunes: ‘This is what a cover-up to a crime looks like’
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.