- Chino and Kat Vaflor got married in the Philippines on Sunday, January 12.
- On the same day as the couple’s wedding, the Taal volcano emitted a huge plume of ash, covering the surrounding area in volcanic dust.
- The couple’s photographer captured the Valfors’ celebrations, showcasing the natural disaster in the background.
- The volcano started spewing lava on Monday, placing a total of 450,000 people in the danger zone. Officials have also warned people residing in the area of a possible “volcanic tsunami.”
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
All wedding photos are beautiful, but some leave a more lasting impression than others.
Chino and Kat Vaflor’s photos turned out to be unforgettable, as a volcano can be seen erupting in the background of their wedding pictures.
The couple got married in the Philippines on January 12 at a venue located 10 miles from the Taal volcano, according to CNN.
On that Sunday, the volcano began emitting huge plumes of smoke, covering the surrounding area in a blanket of ash.
The couple knew there was a risk the volcano’s eruption could impact their wedding.
“We were actually nervous because while working, we kept on checking social media for updates on the volcanic eruption,” photographer Evan Randolf told CNN. “So we were actually aware of the warnings and escalating levels that were being announced real-time.”
The Valfors’ wedding ceremony took place around the time the eruption began, creating the stunning visuals.
Plumes of smoke covered the sky, as is visible in the sweeping shot captured by Randolf, but the couple didn’t let the eruption deter them from celebrating.
The Valfors’ wedding night ended peacefully, despite the foreboding image of the volcano nearby.
Following the ash eruption on Sunday, the Taal volcano began spewing lava on Monday, putting 450,000 people in the surrounding danger zone.
Residents are also being warned that a “volcanic tsunami” could be an aftereffect of the eruption.
- Read more:
- A wave crashed over a couple during their wedding photo shoot on the beach, and the stunning picture is going viral
- A couple took photos in the ocean wearing full wedding attire, and the results are stunning
- Stunning photos show a huge volcanic eruption in the Philippines spewing smoke and ash into the sky, as experts warn of a possible tsunami
- Philippines residents have been warned of a possible ‘volcanic tsunami’ after a major volcano spewed lava and launched ash into the sky
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.