- Brad Pitt won best actor in a supporting role in a motion picture for “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” at the 2020 Golden Globes.
- During his acceptance speech, he gave a special shout-out to his costar Leonardo DiCaprio, calling him “LDC.”
- “I also have to thank my partner in crime, LDC,” he said. “He’s an all-star, he’s a gent – and I wouldn’t be here without you, man. Thank you.”
- Pitt also made a “Titanic” joke: “Still, I would have shared the raft.”
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Brad Pitt gave a special shout-out to his “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” costar Leonardo DiCaprio at the 2020 Golden Globes.
Pitt won best actor in a supporting role in a motion picture for his portrayal of the stuntman Cliff Booth in the lauded Quentin Tarantino film – and made sure to thank his “partner in crime,” whom he christened with a charming new nickname.
“I also have to thank my partner in crime, LDC,” Pitt said. “I used to watch, year after year, his costars accept awards and get up and thank him profusely. I know why. He’s an all-star, he’s a gent – and I wouldn’t be here without you, man. Thank you.”
— ???? Misunderstood (@erikay84) January 6, 2020
Fans on Twitter were obsessed with Pitt’s nonchalance with addressing the celebrated actor, calling it “the coolest thing ever.”
Brad calling him LDC was the coolest thing ever https://t.co/hEmgc495Fc
— Francesca (@BarstoolFran) January 6, 2020
brad pitt calling leonardo dicaprio “ldc” pic.twitter.com/NglgkiC6sx
— linnéa, what's good? howdy (@hejjlinnea) January 6, 2020
I swear to god Brad Pitt calling Leo LDC was the coolest thing I’ve ever heard. It’s really not that close. https://t.co/1V3fpTMrVg
— Feitelberg (@FeitsBarstool) January 6, 2020
Brad calling Leo LDC smooth as a cucumber was one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen in real life #GoldenGlobes
— Kara Ogilvie (@Kara_Jayne90) January 6, 2020
Pitt also made a joke about the infamous ending of “Titanic” and whether that broken door could have supported two people.
“Still, I would have shared the raft,” Pitt said, to laughter and applause from the audience.
Brad Pitt taking up time in his acceptance speech to tell Leo that he would’ve shared the Titanic raft is the saving grace moment of the whole evening. #GoldenGlobes
— Mari Moroz (@marshizzle44) January 6, 2020
Brad Pitt just referred to Leo as LDC then worked in an “I would’ve shared the raft” joke. Crushed that acceptance.
— ????Ross Bolen (@WRBolen) January 6, 2020
This isn’t the first time Pitt has poked fun at DiCaprio’s fate in “Titanic.” While doing press for “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood,” he and Margot Robbie teased him about the controversial piece of cinematic history.
“Could you have squeezed there?” Pitt joked. “You could have, couldn’t you?”
- Read more:
- Ricky Gervais kicks off the Golden Globes with a wild introduction that essentially told Hollywood to f— off
- Phoebe Waller-Bridge makes a sex joke about former President Barack Obama during her Golden Globes acceptance speech
- Jason Momoa took his jacket off to expose his tank top at the Golden Globes and fans went wild
- Beyoncé made a surprise appearance at the Golden Globes after skipping the red carpet and fans are losing it
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.