The selfie — that photograph you take of yourself with your smartphone by stretching out your arm in front you — has a competitor in the “bookshelfie.” It’s what you think it is: pictures of people in front of their bookcases, providing a little blurb about the books they have.
The trend has gotten so big, there’s already a Tumblr dedicated to them.
We’ve pulled out a few below, but you can check out the Bookshelfies Tumblr here.
russellquinn: “I’ve no idea why we all have to wear sunglasses.”
- Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace
- A Moment In The Sun by John Sayles
- The Instructions by Adam Levin
- Black Hole by Charles Burns
My name is Myriam Gurba and some of the books in my shelfie are
- The Plague by Albert Camus
- Roget’s Thesaurus
- Artemis In Echo Park by Eloise Klein Healy
- King Kong Theory by Virginie Despentes
- The Devil’s Dictionary by Ambrose Bierce
- The Wrestling Party by Bett Williams
- Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
Jiz Lee: “I loan/give away a lot of books so my shelves are sparse… but here’s my current bookshelfie (#showmeyourtitles)”:
- The Passage by Justin Cronin
Girlvert by Oriana Small
Feed by Mira Grant
Fledgling by Octavia Butler
The Feminist Porn Book (Anthology)
- Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.