- The all-new 2019 BMW Z4 roadster made its world debut on Thursday at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance in Monterey, California.
- The Bavarian automaker showed a special high-performance variant of the Z4 called the M40i First Edition.
- The Z4 M40i is powered by a 3.0 litre, inline-six-cylinder engine.
- BMW expects the Z4 M40i to be able to go from 0-60 mph in 4.4 seconds.
- Official pricing has not been released.
On Thursday, BMW unveiled the long-awaited production variant of its new Z4 sports car. The 2019 BMW Z4 M40i First Edition made it world debut at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance during this year’s Monterey Car Week in California.
The Bavarian automaker showed off the concept version of the Z4 at last year’s event.
The new Z4 will be powered by a 3.0 litre, inline-six-cylinder engine. BMW has not confirmed the official power output for the US spec Z4. However, expect output to be north of 350 horsepower. According to BMW, the Z4 M40i can reach 60 mph from a standstill in an estimated 4.4 seconds.
Inside, the Z4 will be equipped with a Harman Kardon surround sound system, a head-up display, and BMW’s new LiveCockpit Professional setup that blends the company’s long-serving iDrive infotainment system with a new digital instrument cluster.
First Edition Z4s will also feature a special Frozen Orange Metallic paint job, Vernasca black leather trim, BMW M-tuned sports suspension completed with electronically controlled dampers, an upgraded braking system, and an electronic rear differential.
Unlike the current generation Z4, the 2019 model will have an electronically operated soft top as opposed to a folding metal roof.
BMW has not revealed the Z4’s pricing but may do so as early as September. The 2019 BMW Z4 is expected to reach US showroom by next spring. The Z4 M40i First Edition models will follow in the second quarter of 2019.
NOW WATCH: Executive Life videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.