- Blake Shelton won the award for favourite country artist at the E! People’s Choice Awards on Sunday.
- He was the last person at his table to be honoured with an award.
- He was sitting with his girlfriend, Gwen Stefani, who was awarded the fashion-icon award; Jimmy Fallon, who took home the award for nighttime talk show of 2019 for “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon”; and Zendaya, who won awards for favourite movie actress and drama TV star of the year.
- Shelton’s honour came later in the night, and he said he was glad he finally won something, since “Zendaya was making fun of me earlier.”
- “It was starting to get a little bit embarrassing,” he said.
- He also gave a shout-out to Stefani that was bleeped out.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Blake Shelton said he was happy he was honoured at the E! People’s Choice Awards on Sunday so that he wouldn’t be the only one at his table who didn’t win anything during the night.
The “Voice” judge won the prize for favourite country artist, which was announced later in the show.
During his acceptance speech, Blake pointed out that his seatmates – Gwen Stefani, his girlfriend; the late-night host Jimmy Fallon; and the actress Zendaya – had all been honoured.
“I’m really glad I won this, because I was the only person at my table who hasn’t won anything tonight, and it was starting to get a little bit embarrassing,” Shelton said.
He added: “Zendaya was making fun of me earlier.”
Fans on Twitter loved the joke.
did blake shelton just say zendaya was making fun of him earlier??? lmao what
— melissa (@cevanspidey) November 11, 2019
Blake’s speeches are always so funny I can’t with him “Zendaya was making fun of me” lmao
— i love blake (@texomashores) November 11, 2019
not blake saying zendaya was making fun of him????????
— zendebya (@zendebya) November 11, 2019
But the “Euphoria” star wasn’t the only celebrity to get a shout-out during Shelton’s speech. He said that thanks to the singer Pink, who had said a curse word that was bleeped out in the live broadcast, “now I know we can cuss on this show.”
“I want to say: Gwen Stefani, I love the s— out of you,” he said.
Earlier in the night, Stefani was honoured with the style-icon award, and she, too, professed her love for her boyfriend during her acceptance speech.
“I love you, Blake Shelton. You’re a babe,” she said.
Fallon took home the award for nighttime talk show of 2019 for “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” and Zendaya won awards for favourite movie actress and drama TV star of the year.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.