- Blake Lively co-hosted a screening of “Mary Poppins Returns” with Ryan Reynolds on Thursday.
- The actress attended the event wearing a navy blue, striped coatdress by Monse.
- A piece from Monse’s Pre-Fall 2019 collection, the dress features an asymmetrical knee-length skirt that peeks out from under the jacket on one side.
- From afar, the glossy, striped skirt looks like an untucked button-down shirt.
- Lively has worn similar silhouettes from Monse before.
Blake Lively ditched her signature pantsuit for something a bit more daring on Thursday.
The actress was spotted in New York City co-hosting a screening of “Mary Poppins Returns” with her husband Ryan Reynolds.
For the occasion, Lively wore a navy blue, striped coatdress with a cinched waist and asymmetrical hemline.
The structured coatdress, a piece from Monse’s Pre-Fall 2019 collection, also features an asymmetrical knee-length skirt that peeks out from under the jacket on one side. From afar, the glossy, striped skirt looks like an untucked button-down shirt.
Lively accessorized the head-turning coatdress with multicolored Christian Louboutin platform pumps and simple jewellery.
Always one to take fashion risks, the actress has previously worn similar designs from Monse, which is known for its mix-and-match tailoring and deconstructed interpretations of classic silhouettes.
In March 2018, Lively attended a screening of “Final Portrait” in New York City wearing a black-and-white gingham Monse dress with an asymmetrical hemline and a cutout near the neckline.
Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more.
- Read more:
- Blake Lively accidentally wore a see-through shirt on the red carpet, but she pulled it off like a pro
- Blake Lively wore 2 velvet blazers with no shirt underneath in nearly 90-degree weather
- Blake Lively ruthlessly trolled Ryan Reynolds on Instagram after he poked fun at their marriage
- 5 great times Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds have hilariously trolled each other
NOW WATCH: Executive Life videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.