- Marvel’s “Black Panther” outgrossed the domestic box-office earnings of “Justice League” in just four days.
- “Black Panther” is estimated to have scored over $US235 million at the domestic box office and $US404 million worldwide.
- The Marvel film earned the fifth-highest opening of all time and the third-highest four-day opening in history, according to Box Office Mojo.
- “Justice League” has grossed just $US228.6 million domestically since its release in November.
- The DC Extended Universe film performed significantly better in foreign markets, however, bringing in a worldwide total of $US657.4 million.
Marvel’s “Black Panther” outgrossed the entire domestic run of the DC Extended Universe’ flagship title, “Justice League,” in just its first four days at the US box office, according to Box Office Mojo.
“Black Panther” crushed box-office projections in its four-day opening, raking in an estimated $US235 million at the domestic box office and $US404 million worldwide.
According to Box Office Mojo, the Marvel film earned the fifth-highest opening of all time at the US box office and the third-highest four-day opening in history. It was also the highest opening ever for a film released in February.
“Justice League,” on the other hand, has grossed just $US228.6 million domestically since its release in November. The film, which starred Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, and Henry Cavill, performed significantly better in foreign markets than it did in the US, with a worldwide total of $US657.4 million.
I know other people have pointed it out, but it’s still funny that BLACK PANTHER outgrossed JUSTICE LEAGUE’s entire domestic run in just four days.
— Matt Goldberg (@MattGoldberg) February 19, 2018
Where “Justice League” was critically panned upon its release, with a score of 40% “Rotten” from the review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, “Black Panther” has received rave reviews and stands at 97% “Fresh.”
“Black Panther” has also done well stacked up against other titles from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, with the best domestic opening weekend (counting its four-day total.)
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.