Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.
Coinbase, the cryptocurrency trading platform, announced Tuesday the launch of an index fund that will allow investors to put money into a basket of four of the largest cryptocurrencies.
The so-called Coinbase Index Fund will give investors access to the digital currencies listed on GDAX, the exchange operated by Coinbase. It will be weighted by market capitalisation and will adjust when new coins are added to the exchange.
Here are the current crypto prices:
- ‘It felt like I was about to die:’ The CEO of bitcoin exchange Mt Gox described what it was like to discover he had been hacked
- $US1.6 billion cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase isn’t adding Ripple after all – and it’s obvious why not
- Big Brother is tightening its grip on ICOs
- Venezuelan lawmakers declared President Nicolas Maduro’s recently launched Petro cryptocurrency illegal, CoinDesk reports.
- Twitter vowed to crack down on cryptocurrency scams on its platform, Bloomberg reports.
- A crypto event in New York last week featured cannabis-infused food and drink – but many of the attendees were unaware, Wired reports.
NOW WATCH: Money & Markets videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.