Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.
XRP is on a tear Monday morning, up more than 5%, while bitcoin and ethereum are relatively flat, thanks in part to a scheduled CNBC segment tomorrow featuring both Ripple CEO Brad Garlinghouse and Coinbase President Asiff Hirji. Neither Ripple nor Coinbase has responded to a request for comment.
Here are the current crypto prices:
- Coinbase just poached a LinkedIn exec to lead an acquisition spree as the firm’s first M&A boss
- Here’s how police in Europe work together against cryptocurrency crime
- Three crypto exchanges are planning to hire more than 1,000 staff – but it’s not going to be easy
- Wall Street trading giant Virtu is preparing to take legal action against a fake copycat cryptocurrency
- The storied Chicago Stock Exchange could be a takeover target for a crypto company
- Bank of England Governor Mark Carney: Bitcoin is heading for a “pretty brutal reckoning”
- The Amazon of China is putting its high-end beef imports on the blockchain
- Australia’s top markets regulator has warned banks to ‘beware of bitcoin’