Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.
Here’s the scoreboard:
- Bitcoin (BTC): $US10,277 (+4.4%)
- Ethereum (ETH): $US868 (+7.9%)
- Ripple (XRP): $US0.95 (+7.1%)
- Bitcoin cash (BCC): $$US1,281 (+6.2%)
- Litecoin (LTC): $US211 (+9.6%)
In the news:
- Top cryptocurrency traders are asking for a big shake-up to bitcoin futures
- You can now buy and sell bitcoin and ethereum without paying any commission on Robinhood – but you’ll have to wait in a 1 million person line
- British lawmakers announced Thursday they are launching an inquiry into cryptocurrencies
- Telegram is reportedly holding a 2nd pre-ICO sale but some crypto investors aren’t touching it with a 10-foot pole
- If the supposed crypto bubble pops, there are a few coins that have proven use cases that could survive, MIT’s Technology Review writes.
- Bank of America warned it could face “substantial” costs when it comes to cryptocurrencies, the FT reports, citing a company filing.
Join Business Insiders Crypto Insider Facebook group today to discuss cryptocurrencies and blockchain with readers from all over the world, as well as BI editorial staff.