Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.
Barclays ran an epidemiological model comparing a theoretical speculative asset to bitcoin. You can probably guess what happened next. The bank concluded that the spread of bitcoin mania has “clear parallels with compartmental models of the spread of an infectious disease in epidemiology.” Ouch.
Here are the current crypto prices:
- A $US675 million deal to buy New York City’s legendary Plaza Hotel using cryptocurrency is falling apart
- Only 9.2% of millennials said they would buy cryptocurrencies if they had $US10,000 to invest
- Crypto is facing 4 huge hurdles before it can be truly mainstream
- If your computer has slowed down, you might be mining crypto coins for someone else – here’s how to stop it
- How to buy and sell cryptocurrencies using Coinbase on your iPhone
- Paying taxes on bitcoin isn’t nearly as hard as it sounds
- How to buy Ripple’s XRP cryptocurrency
- An ETF veteran who ditched Wall Street for crypto explains how bitcoin can fit into a portfolio
- You can track the price of nearly two-dozen cryptocurrencies here
What other questions do you have about crypto? Ask them in
Business Insider’s Crypto Insider Facebook group today to discuss with readers from all over the world, as well as BI editorial staff.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.