- The price of bitcoin, the red-hot digital cryptocurrency, popped Wednesday afternoon to an all-time high of $US7,882, according to data from Bloomberg.
- It gave up some gains and then traded up 8.75% at $US7,695 as of 12:53 PM EST.
- Mike Belshe, CEO of BitGo, a backer of the plan to increase the amount of information processed by the blocks underpinning bitcoin’s blockchain network, said supporters were calling the plan off, according to cryptocurrency watcher CoinDesk.
- The suspension could prevent a split of bitcoin, which was anticipated to happen this month.
- Supporters of the block size increase, known as SegWit2X, have argued that it would help bitcoin scale faster.
Get the latest Bitcoin price here.>>