- Bitcoin plunged as much as 7% Wednesday morning, bottoming out below $US10,000 for the first time in over a week, after rumours began to swirl on Twitter and Reddit that major cryptocurrency exchange Binance had been hacked.
- “WTF is happening! Binance just sold all my alts at market rate and I have got just the Bitcoin now,” one Reddit user said. “Is it because of account getting hacked or binance bot issue?”
- Other users said they had experienced a similar issue with their cryptocurrencies being sold for bitcoin.
- A finance representative responded to the thread, saying “We are investigating reports of some users having issues with their funds. Our team is aware and investigating the issue as we speak. Please remain patient and we will provide an update as quickly as possible.”
- You can follow the price of bitcoin in real-time here>>
- This is a developing story…
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.