Bitcoin’s rally continues on Friday, with the digital currency breaking through the $900 per coin mark.
Friday marks a fresh 2016 high for bitcoin against the dollar and the first time the cryptocurrency has been above $900 this year.
Here is how bitcoin looks against the dollar over the last three months — note the sharp uptick at the end:
It is unclear what’s driving bitcoin’s recent rally.
Bitcoin has behaved like a risk asset this year, spiking around the Brexit referendum in June and Trump’s election in November. However, there has been no news trigger over the last few days to drive a fresh spike and other safe-haven risk assets, such as gold, aren’t rising in-line.
- Credit Card Industry and Market
- Mobile Payment Technologies
- Mobile Payments Industry
- Mobile Payment Market, Trends and Adoption
- Credit Card Processing Industry
- List of Credit Card Processing Companies
- List of Credit Card Processing Networks
- List of Payment Gateway Providers
- M-Commerce: Mobile Shopping Trends
- E-Commerce Payment Technologies and Trends
NOW WATCH: This is the best way to motivate your kids to achieve success according to a behavioural economist
NOW WATCH: Money & Markets videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.