Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.
The heads of two major US regulators testified in front of a congressional committee about cryptocurrencies, initial coin offerings, and the regulation of them. Here’s what went down.
- Bitcoin (BTC): $US8,222 (+6.7%)
- Ethereum (ETH): $US831 (+5.3%)
- Ripple (XRP): $US0.78 (+2.3%)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCC): $US1,011 (+4.5%)
- Litecoin (LTC): $US150 (+5.6%)
What else is happening:
- Andreessen Horowitz is backing a crypto-powered ‘internet computer’ that could be the future of cloud computing.
- Meet ‘The Wolf of Crypto Street,’ an Ohio teenager who used his entire savings to become a cryptocurrency millionaire.
- A startup raised $US59 million in a token sale to usher in the next generation of crypto.
- E conomist Ken Rogoff: Cryptocurrencies will eventually be regulated and issued by the government
- Lingerie tycoon Michelle Mone and her billionaire boyfriend Doug Barrowman are doing a $US75 million ICO
- Finally, Early Uber investor Shervin Pishevar ranted for 21 hours in one tweet storm about everything under the sun, including bitcoin – but it’s unclear why
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.