Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.
Cryptocurrencies got smoked overnight, with bitcoin falling below $US6,000. Prices have regained some steam Tuesday morning, and are mostly in the green.
Here’s the full scoreboard:
- Bitcoin (BTC): $US6,987 (+1.3%)
- Ethereum (ETH): $US700 (+1.4%)
- Ripple (XRP): $US0.68 (+1.4%)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCC): $US879 (-0.5%)
- Litecoin (LTC): $US125 (+1.0%)
What else is happening:
- Bitcoin is now up as wild price swings continue in the crypto market
- ‘It doesn’t die and it comes back stronger’: Bitcoin believers are digging in amid the crypto bloodbath
- Nvidia is going to have to prove it’s not just a cryptocurrency company.
- GOLDMAN SACHS: Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies tend to be locked together – and that’s a big problem.
- Money was pouring into crypto during the stock market’s selloff on Monday.
- Traders on Robinhood, which now supports cryptocurrencies,ramped up deposits during Monday’s market bloodbath.
- Ripple’s XRP is the biggest loser of the cryptocurrency bloodbath so far, and is down 80% from its January peak.