Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.
Here are the current standings:
- Bitcoin (BTC): $US7,309 (-11.7%)
- Ethereum (ETH): $US707 (-14.1%)
- Ripple (XRP): $US0.69 (-13.7%)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCC): $US930 (-19.4%)
- Litecoin (LTC): $US129 (-12.2%)
What else is happening:
- Bitcoin is down 45% this year – but that’s not what’s worrying cryptocurrency exchanges
- Cryptocurrency scams on Twitter are so common, this guy built a tool to help detect fraudsters
- This 24-year-old quit his job after making a fortune in bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies – here’s how he did it.
- Bitcoin cash fell below $US1,000 for the first time since November.
- REPORT: Lloyds Bank bans 9 million credit card customers from buying bitcoin
- This is the dark web advert a drug dealer used to sell fentanyl for bitcoin.
- Bitcoin approaches $US7,000 after 10% fall in a single day.
NOW WATCH: Money & Markets videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.