Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.
A potential “golden opportunity” has opened up for cryptocurrency arbitrage traders thanks to big differences in bitcoin’s price between South Korean and other exchanges, sometimes as large as 13%.
- Bitcoin (BTC): $US9,946 (-4.88%)
- Ethereum (ETH): $$US805 (-4.10%)
- Ripple (XRP): $US0.88 (-7.34%)
- Bitcoin cash (BCC): $US1,196 (-6.83%)
- Litecoin (LTC): $US192 (-8.23%)
In the news:
- Bitcoin fell below $US10,000 on Thursday for the fourth time in 2018
- Telegram is reportedly holding a 2nd pre-ICO sale but some crypto investors aren’t touching it with a ten-foot pole
- Riot Blockchain’s CEO is pushing back against critics and trying to convince the world his company is serious about crypto
- Coinbase is finally supporting new tech that could fix bitcoin’s slowness problem
- A 21-year-old just raised $US34 million to build an anonymous crypto-trading platform
- A bitcoin exchange founder was arrested for allegedly lying to financial watchdogs
Join BI’s Crypto Insider Facebook group today to discuss cryptocurrencies and blockchain with readers from all over the world, as well as Business Insider staff.
NOW WATCH: Money & Markets videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.