Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the
you need to know today. Sign up
here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox
Here are the current standings:
- Bitcoin (BTC): $US9,950 (-1.1%)
- Ethereum (ETH): $US1,091 (+2.9%)
- Ripple (XRP): $US1.09 (-1.0%)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCC): $US1,476 (-1.1%)
- Litecoin (LTC): $US160 (-2.9%)
What else is happening:
- Ethereum has easily been the best-performing crypto so far in 2018, outpacing bitcoin, XRP, and bitcoin cash.
- Everything you need to know about Tether, the cryptocurrency that people worry could crash bitcoin and that regulators are investigating.
- The CEO of the bank which had its $US600 million ICO proceeds seized by the SEC has released a statement vowing to fight the accusation.
- Ripple’s XRP on Tuesday sank to its lowest levels since the cryptocurrency ‘bloodbath.’
- Facebook is banning all ads for bitcoin, cryptocurrencies, and ICOs.
- Cryptocurrency exchange Bitfinex was reportedly subpoenaed in December by a top US regulator.
- A tiny soccer team announced itself to the world by becoming the first to ever buy a player with bitcoin.
- Saudi Arabia is working on an official bitcoin policy – a ban is unlikely.