Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox .
Here are the full standings:
- Bitcoin (BTC): $US10,073 (-10.8%)
- Ethereum (ETH): $US1,096 (-6.3%)
- Ripple (XRP): $US1.16 (-8.3%)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCC): $US1,530 (-7.2%)
- Litecoin (LTC): $US167 (-7.3%)
What else is happening:
- The SEC has halted the ICO of a Texas “cryptocurrency bank,” alleging that AriseCoin was nothing more than a scam. Arise Bank, whose website was offline Tuesday, had already raised $US600 million of its $US1 billion goal.
- The iced tea company that avoided de-listing by pivoting to blockchain may once again be at risk of being kicked off Nasdaq’s exchange.
- Another crypto startup that vanished and changed its website to the word ‘penis’ allegedly stole the identities of its team.
- Measuring cryptocurrencies by their market caps is a bad idea, one crypto CEO tells Business Insider.
- Coincheck’s $US543 million hack could mean big changes in the crypto space, a new report from BI Intelligence says.
NOW WATCH: Money & Markets videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.