Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the
you need to know today. Sign up
here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox
Here’s the full rundown of cryptocurrencies as of Wednesday morning:
- Bitcoin (BTC): $US11,034 (+1.8%)
- Ethereum (ETH): $US1,018 (+3.6%)
- Ripple (XRP): $US1.33 (+0.01%)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCC): $US1,602 (-0.4%)
- Litecoin (LTC): $US177 (-0.3%)
- Ripple announced today it has signed two new financial services firms onto its clearing and settlement product.
- $US9 billion startup Stripe drops bitcoin support because it doesn’t make sense as a means of payment.
- ‘Mrs. Watanabe’ is back: How the archetypal Japanese housewife is fuelling the bitcoin craze.
- Millennials are flocking to cryptocurrency and cannabis stocks, TD Ameritrade CEO Tim Hockey said in an interview.
- South Korea says it will ban anonymous cryptocurrency accounts used for financial transactions in order to boost transparency.
- China’s cryptocurrency crackdown cost bitcoin company BTCC tens of millions in revenue: ‘It was in the realm of our worst possibility’