Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the
bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox .
Cryptocurrencies got smacked in Tuesday trade around the world, with as much as $US166 billion in market value vanishing since Monday.
Here are the current standings:
- Bitcoin (BTC): $US11,569.39 (-15.06%)
- Ethereum (ETH):$US1,055.66 (-17.29%)
- Ripple (XRP): $US1.295 (-21.65%)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCC): $US1,869.86 (-21.66%)
- Litecoin (LTC): $US194.77 (-16.04%)
- Declining Japanese and South Korean trading volumes have been blamed for spooking cryptocurrency markets this weekend.
- The CEO of the oldest bitcoin exchange says all platforms are struggling with ‘the massive amount of new users’
- There’s a bitcoin rapper called CoinDaddy, and he’s just one of the fantastic characters in San Francisco’s bizarre crypto culture.
- Canada could become the world’s bitcoin mining capital as China cracks down, since regions like Quebec have excess power capacity.Other countries like Kazakhstan and Venezuela are also said to be courting miners.
- Finally, there’s a Japanese pop group getting paid in bitcoin to sing about cryptocurrencies.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.