Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin
and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.
The three largest cryptocurrencies in the world are falling Monday, with XRP leading the slump. Bitcoin and Ethereum are also dropping.
Here are the current standings:
- Bitcoin (BTC): $US14,684.09 (-6.55%)
- Ethereum (ETH):$US1,086.33 (-2.53%)
- Ripple (XRP): $US2.380 (-13.80%)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCC): $US2,285.90 (-9.05%)
- Ripple’s XRP has fallen 38% from its all-time high, set just last week.
- Seagate, which makes hard-disks, surged 11% Monday morning after an unconfirmed report that it could own billions of dollars worth of XRP.
- Bitcoin plunged 8% after a weekend rally and reports that Asian regulators are cracking down on miners and exchanges.
- Dogecoin, a cryptocurrency based on a meme, was originally a joke – now it has a market cap over $US2 billion.
- Western Union got a bump Friday that continued into Monday after unconfirmed reports that it was considering using Ripple to facilitate its money transfers.
- Bitcoin miners are reportedly fleeing China as the country steps up its crackdown on cryptocurrencies.
NOW WATCH: Money & Markets videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.