Former Fox News host Bill O’Reilly is attempting to redefine his departure from the network earlier this year, casting himself as the “victim” of supposed liberal outrage.
O’Reilly left the network in April following revelations of numerous accusations of sexual harassment made against him while he was working at Fox News.
In an interview on fellow host Sean Hannity’s radio show, O’Reilly said he was focusing his primary energies on legal efforts and investigations to clear his name, and referred to some claims of sexual harassment as a “kind of defamation.”
“What we’re going to uncover is shocking,” O’Reilly said, though he did not offer specifics.
He cited a recent report in the right-leaning publication Newsmax, which found that one of his accusers was arrested for false allegations of a crime.
“This is the first drop that you’re going to see,” O’Reilly said. “We’re going to be very precise, not any ‘He said, she said.’ It’s going to be facts.”
O’Reilly complimented Hannity’s handling of his own advertiser boycott earlier this year, saying Hannity “handled it better” by engaging and mobilizing his viewers.
“You brought it right to the folks,” O’Reilly said. “You’re a lot smarter than I am, Hannity. I should have done exactly what you did.”
O’Reilly has attempted to burnish his image in recent weeks while promoting his latest book “Killing England.”
The former host sat for a fluffy interview with The Hollywood Reporter, appeared on Breitbart News last week, saying the “forces of evil and darkness got me,” and is set to sit down with the “Today” show on Tuesday.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.