Apple CEO Steve Jobs just announced the iPad 2.
Here’s what we know:
- Dual-core A5 processors to improve speed — graphics will run up to 9x faster while using the same battery life.
- Front and rear-facing cameras.
- Gyroscope for position-based apps.
- 33% thinner than the first iPad at 8.4mm
- Lighter, at 1.3 pounds versus 1.6 pounds for the current iPad.
- Starts at the same price: $499. So it won’t be dramatically cheaper as some had proposed.
- It ships on March 11 in the U.S. — that’s less than two weeks away. March 25 in the rest of the world.