- A viral photo challenge asks people to show how much they have changed in the last 10 years.
- The “How Hard Did Ageing Hit You” challenge got an earnest start on Facebook.
- But on Twitter people are treating it as a joke.
- Here are some of the best memes.
A lot can change in one year, let alone 10. And a new meme recognises that, as humans who exist in corporeal forms, we are ever-changing – so go ahead and share your transformation with your closest friends: your Twitter followers.
On Twitter, the challenge is, unsurprisingly, far less earnest. Here are some of the best jokes people have made.
Of course, there were plenty of pop culture references.
Me in 2009 vs Me in 2019 pic.twitter.com/aypGFyER1q
— Jon (@prasejeebus) January 13, 2019
2009 vs 2019 pic.twitter.com/PLz79mMqYs
— Rian Johnson (@rianjohnson) January 14, 2019
Me in 2009 vs 2019 pic.twitter.com/x1apTdhFvx
— Lauren Duca (@laurenduca) January 13, 2019
Me in 2009 vs. Me in 2019 pic.twitter.com/n6HNr75inW
— Darth Vader (@DarthVader) January 14, 2019
Some people said they haven’t changed much.
— Matt Mannheimer (@MattMannheimer) January 14, 2019
me in 2009 vs me in 2019 ???? pic.twitter.com/ijj8EtG0Oz
— gary from teen mom (@garyfromteenmom) January 14, 2019
Others had the same idea.
— Jessica Bibi Balekin Cooper (@JessicaBCooper) January 13, 2019
Saw everyone posting these 2009 vs 2019 pics so here's mine pic.twitter.com/nIn5TU7zNE
— Sam Thorne (@Strippin) January 13, 2019
And so, the great meme drought of the first two weeks of 2019 is finally over.
- Read more:
- Everything we know about Wisconsin teen Jayme Closs, who was found alive 3 months after her parents were brutally murdered
- All of the hidden book references on ‘You’
- People in the US are more likely to die from opioid overdose than car accidents, according to new reports
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.