- Car insurance in Tennessee is pretty affordable, with the average driver paying $US760 for coverage per year.
- If you’re looking for the best affordable coverage in Tennessee, start with USAA or Tennessee Farmers Bureau for a quote.
- For the best rate in the state, make sure to shop around for your coverage and compare quotes to find the best coverage for you.
- Read more personal finance coverage.
Car insurance in Tennessee is fairly affordable, with the average driver paying about $US760 a year for coverage according to the Insurance Information Institute. Considering that the average US driver pays $US935 for coverage, auto insurance in Tennessee is fairly affordable.
If you’re looking for car insurance in this state, it’s worth understanding a bit about how car insurance works. Insurance companies look at lots of different factors, including your age, gender, where you live in the state, and even your credit score to determine your rates. Each insurance company looks at these factors differently. That means they will price your premium, or the amount you’ll pay for coverage, differently too.
It’s important to shop around and make sure that you’re getting the best coverage for your money. Here are a few ideas on where to start shopping.
Who has the best cheap car insurance in Tennessee?
Consumer Reports compiled data from each car insurance in every state on pricing formulas. It calculated rates for a single adult driver, and found three companies came out on top for three different credit levels. Here are the best car insurance companies at each credit level in Tennessee, along with their average premium for a single adult driver.
With good credit (670 to 739, according to FICO), drivers can get some affordable rates from these three companies, on average.
- USAA car insurance: $US850 per year
- Tennessee Farmers car insurance: $US906 per year
- State Farm car insurance: $US1,260 per year
Drivers with excellent credit scores, (or FICO scores of 800 and above) will get some of the best rates in Tennessee, on average.
- USAA car insurance: $US754 per year
- Tennessee Farmers car insurance: $US860 per year
- State Farm car insurance: $US1,029 per year
For drivers with poor credit scores (or FICO scores below 579) coverage can cost much more than it would for those with better scores, on average.
- Tennessee Farmers car insurance: $US1,064 per year
- USAA car insurance: $US1,874 per year
- GEICO car insurance: $US2,090 per year
Who gets the best cheap car insurance in Tennessee?
As the estimates above show, drivers with the best credit scores generally get some of the best rates for car insurance. But, there are still a few things you can do to make sure that you’re getting the best possible rate for you.
It might be worth doing a little bit of work to raise your credit score before shopping around – it could make a big difference in the amount you’ll pay for coverage.
Shopping around is essential to getting the best rate for you. Car insurance rates can vary widely, so it’s worth doing some research to get the best price. To do this, get several quotes from different insurance companies and compare them. Take a look at the coverage types and limits and also the deductible, or the amount you’ll pay out-of-pocket if you get into an accident.
Once you’ve looked at what several different insurance companies have to offer, you’ll be able to get the best insurance policy for your money.
- More personal finance coverage
- 4 reasons to open a high-yield savings account while interest rates are down
- It took less than 10 minutes to open a high-yield cash account with Wealthfront and earn more on my savings
- How to buy a house with no money down
- When to save money in high-yield savings
- Best rewards credit cards
- 7 reasons you may need life insurance, even if you think you don’t
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.