Here they are: the 8 best charts of the week.
1. The Smart Money Flow Index suggests a lot of the buying has been happening in the first 30 minutes of trading lately.
2. Short-term funding markets are starting to lose their patience with the debt ceiling dispute.
3. If the shutdown lasts another week, it could shave 0.4 percentage points off annual economic growth.
4. The up-front investment required in nuclear power explains why it’s a dying industry.
5. The government shutdown has caused American economic confidence to collapse to its lowest levels in over a year.
6. A 10-point rise in confidence correlates with a 2-point rise in price-to-earnings ratios and a 54 basis-point rise in 10-year yields.
7. School districts have an overwhelming effect on house prices.
8. Japan faces an ugly reality when it comes to its ageing population’s effect on potential GDP.
READ MORE: Stimulus Alone Can’t Save Japan »
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.