- JD Power released its ranking of the highest-rated vehicles for the 2018 model year.
- Millions of real car owners submitted data to JD Power, covering more than 600 models.
- Porsche dominated the list with four of the top 13 cars.
- JD Power is a consumer marketing and information company that uses data and analytics to advise its customer-satisfaction surveys.
After the purchase of a home, the largest financial investment any of us will make is probably a car.
With so much riding on this one decision, it makes sense that car buyers would want to have as much information as possible beforehand. Fortunately, there is JD Power’s annual Highest-Rated Vehicle ranking.
This year, JD Power analysed more than 600 models and rated them on a 100-point scale. Using verified data provided by actual car owners, JD graded each car on quality, vehicle dependability, execution and layout, performance, customer satisfaction reviews, and awards and dealership ratings.
“With nearly 600 models receiving a score of 81 or higher, car shoppers can find a high-quality vehicle on JDPower.com that suits their wants and needs,” Troy Snyder, vice president of JD Power’s consumer division, said in a statement. “In addition to the rating scores, car shoppers can see which vehicles won a J.D. Power award by segment, so they can rest assured that they’re making a wise purchase decision.”
13 cars received top scores of between 90 and 94 points, with Porsche dominating the list with four cars, including the Porsche 911, which was the top-ranked vehicle of 2018. Hyundai’s new Genesis luxury brand impressed with two cars in the top 13.
JD Power has access to data from more than 3.2 million car ownership experiences between the 2013 and 2018 model years.
Take a look at the 13 highest-rated cars of the 2018 model year, according to JD Power:
13. Porsche Cayenne (90 points)
12. Lexus GS (90 points)
11. Genesis G80 (90 points)
10. Cadillac Escalade (90 points)
9. BMW 7 Series (90 points)
8. Porsche 718 (90 points)
7. Lexus RX (91 points)
6. Lincoln Navigator (91 points)
5. Porsche Macan (91 points)
4. Lincoln Continental (92 points)
3. Mercedes-Benz S-Class (92 points)
2. Genesis G90 (93 points)
1. Porsche 911 (94 points)
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.