- Beijing is color-coding some businesses to show what proportion of its employees are vaccinated.
- So far this has launched in businesses in the city’s busy financial district.
- There are no punishments for having lower rates, but it’s meant to help speed up China’s vaccination efforts.
- See more stories on Insider’s business page.
Beijing is color-coding businesses to show the vaccination rates among the employees inside.
Authorities in the Chinese capital have put the signs on businesses in the financial district, Bloomberg reported.
According to Bloomberg, this is what the colors represent:
- Green: More than 80% of people working in the building have been vaccinated.
- Yellow: Between 40% and 80% of people working in the building have been vaccinated.
- Red: Fewer than 40% of people working in the building have been vaccinated.
There are no penalties for businesses that have low rates, but it’s intended to help with China’s efforts to speed up its vaccine rollout, according to Bloomberg.
China already has a digital health code for people, which is smartphone software that shows a color and lets them into certain places.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.