- Two 14-year-old girls were taken into custody at Avon Park Middle School in Avon Park, Florida, on Wednesday, after being accused of plotting to kill other students.
- Each girl has been arrested on charges of attempting to conspire to kidnap and attempting to conspire premeditated homicide, according to arrest records seen by NBC News.
- The Highlands County Sheriff’s Office told FOX 13 a teacher discovered a folder full of notes about guns, plans to make contact with nine victims, and information how how to transport three people before killing them.
Two girls at a Florida middle school have been accused of plotting to kill other students that authorities said they had put on a “hit list.”
The 14-year-old girls, who have not been publicly named, were taken into custody at Avon Park Middle School in Avon Park, Florida, on Wednesday, the Highlands County School Board said in a statement on Facebook.
The Highlands County Sheriff’s Office told FOX 13 that a teacher had discovered a list in one of the girls’ folders titled “private info,” “do not open,” and “Project 11/9.”
The folder included eight pages of notes about guns, plans to make contact with nine victims, and information how how to transport three people before killing them, authorities said.
“The plans identify the suspects would obtain firearms and use the firearms to kill the victims,” the arrest records seen by NBC News said. “The plans further speak about the transportation of the victims’ bodies to other locations and their disposal, specifically burning and burying their bodies.”
The teacher told police that she had observed the girls acting “hysterical” while looking for the folder.
According to NBC News, a teacher told investigators the girls were heard discussing fears of being arrested, and one of them said, “I’m just going to tell them it’s a prank if they call me.”
The girls were taken to Department of Juvenile Justice facility in Bartow, Florida, and have been charged with nine counts of attempting to conspire premeditated homicide and three counts of attempting to conspire to kidnap each.
- Read more:
- An elementary school teacher was fired after putting her principal’s face on a shooting range target, and now claims she was a victim of bullying
- A high school principal died after donating bone marrow to a stranger
- A school district in Indiana is packaging unused cafeteria food for kids in need to take home
- A federal court ruled that a charter school’s dress code is unconstitutional and that girls can’t be forced to wear skirts