Disney/MarvelSpecial effects are used to turn Mark Ruffalo into the green character that fans see in the ‘Avengers’ movies.
- Mark Ruffalo spoke about his most iconic roles in a new video for GQ and said that his “Avengers” costars made fun of him while wearing his Hulk motion capture or mocap suit.
- The actor wore a skin-tight outfit containing dots, which enabled cameras to track his movements. Special effects were later used to alter his appearance and bring the green superhero to life.
- “I have to wear what I call the man-cancelling suit, which is this really tight leotard that makes you look big where you want to look small and small where you want to look big,” Ruffalo, who’s portrayed Bruce Banner/The Hulk since 2012’s “The Avengers,” said.
- The “Dark Waters” star went on to say that it “was so humiliating and all the actors, whenever I’d walk on set, would just start laughing at me because they were in their cool superhero costumes and I’m wearing these ridiculous pajamas that made me look like a Chinese checkerboard.”
- He also said that while working on “Avengers: Endgame,”Robert Downey Jr. told Ruffalo that he had ” a lot of compassion” for him for wearing the mocap suit for so long.
- Watch the video below (Ruffalo talks about his suit at 10:30).
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.