- Tickets just became available for “Avengers: Endgame,” which opens in theatres on April 26.
- It’s poised to become one of the highest-grossing movies of all time, since “Avengers: Infinity War” broke several box office records.
- Ticket sites like Fandango are already overloaded, with some theatres showing wait times of more than an hour to buy tickets.
- Fans are freaking out.
Tickets for “Avengers: Endgame” went on sale Tuesday morning. But to get your seat, you may have to wait.
“Avengers: Endgame” doesn’t open until April 26, but it’s already poised to be one of the highest-grossing movies of all time. The previous entry in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, “Avengers: Infinity War,” had the all-time biggest opening weekend both in the United States and worldwide, and marched up to the No. 4 spot for biggest total grosses domestically and worldwide, not adjusted for inflation.
With the mad rush to get theatre seats for “Endgame,” ticket retailers like Fandango had high wait times to buy tickets.
Some are seeing online wait times of an hour.
— K (@sweetenervol6) April 2, 2019
— Frederick Joseph (@FredTJoseph) April 2, 2019
— Scott Whalen (@jswhalen1) April 2, 2019
— Kirsten (@KirstenAcuna) April 2, 2019
And some people couldn’t get the seats they wanted.
Woke up at 5 AM to buy Avengers Endgame tickets and within 3 minutes every seat in every showing is sold out.
— Stephen Ford (@StephenSeanFord) April 2, 2019
— Josh K. Elliott (@joshkelliott) April 2, 2019
Trying to get Avengers tickets on AMC and Fandango https://t.co/iYqHOzSCee
— Cutting Room Floor (@Cutting__Room) April 2, 2019
Others planned to wake up earlier than usual to be the first in line.
If you think I’m gonna set an alarm for 4:50am so I can buy avengers tickets at 5am then you’re absolutely right
— jay (@jaysquivel) April 2, 2019
And a lot of people are just joking about what it must be like at Fandango and theatre websites right now.
— Logan (@jeff_tbh) April 2, 2019
— Super Straight Mike (@Vindicator725) (@Vindicator725) April 2, 2019
You can watch Ant-Man kill Thanos when “Avengers: Endgame” is released on April 26 – if you can get tickets.
- Read more:
- Thanos faces some angry Avengers in new ‘Endgame’ teaser
- The first official ‘Avengers: Endgame’ toys are in stores – here are the ones kids will want
- Chris Evans says he was hesitant to play Captain America because ‘there’s no real darkness’ in the character
- The cats who played Goose in ‘Captain Marvel’ had trouble performing with the Skrulls during filming
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.