- A newly released teaser for “Avengers: Endgame” showed a reunion between Tony Stark and Pepper Potts.
- The emotional moment, in which the couple was seen hugging, prompted strong reactions from fans.
- Tony and Pepper were last seen together at the start of “Avengers: Infinity War”
In the teaser, Tony and Pepper are seen embracing for an emotional hug. Fans last saw the couple together at the start of “Avengers: Infinity War,” when Tony told Pepper that he had a dream that they had a kid. After Tony headed to space, he said that they’d have to delay their dinner reservation because he probably wouldn’t return to Earth “for a while.”
Previously released trailers for “Endgame” showed the billionaire running out of resources in space and recording a message for Pepper. The most recent trailer highlighted Tony back on Earth and sporting a new suit with the remaining Avengers.
Seeing the Tony and Pepper together again in the newest teaser had fans reeling.
PEPPER AND TONY MY BABIES IM SOBBING#AvengersEndgame
— ang (@miIfology) April 2, 2019
— SâRâ ✨ (@EntpELF) April 2, 2019
PEPPER AND TONY'S HUG GOT ME FULL ON SOBBING OMG #AvengersEndgame
— catarina (@galarryxies) April 2, 2019
TONY REUNITED WITH PEPPER AOEBQNFKA #AvengersEndgame
— kaia ४ (@sunsetkurv) April 2, 2019
— சத்துகுட்டி ???? (@im_Sathish_K) April 2, 2019
Another Twitter user said that they hoped the scene was real, and not a misdirect intended the throw fans out. Marvel previously used that tactic to misguide fans who analysed each trailer for “Infinity War.”
If that Tony/Pepper reunion is a fake out I will be both livid and heartbroken #AvengersEndgame
— Nugget (@CaptainCurlyQ) April 2, 2019
Tony and Pepper’s reunion isn’t the only part of the teaser that’s making fans emotional. Another moment that prompted passionate reactions was when Tony and Captain America shook hands and the latter hero said that he trusted him. Tony also looked at a photo of himself and Peter Parker, who turned to dust in “Infinity War.” Another scene shows Rocket and Nebula mourning the loss of the other Guardians.
“Avengers: Endgame” will be released in theatres on Friday, April 26.
- Read more about “Avengers: Endgame”:
- New ‘Avengers: Endgame’ toys confirm Hawkeye’s alter ego Ronin in the movie
- 8 clues the new ‘Avengers: Endgame’ toys may hint about the upcoming movie
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ released 32 posters that each highlight a superhero, including the fallen characters from ‘Infinity War’
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.