- “Avengers: Endgame” is on its way to another huge weekend at the box office in the US.
- 85% more repeat customers are seeing “Endgame” than they were “Infinity War” last year, according to ticket service Fandango.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
“Avengers: Endgame” is now the eighth-highest-grossing movie worldwide of all time. After just a week in theatres (it hit China last Wednesday), it’s already made $US1.5 billion globally. And it’s on its way to another huge weekend at the box office in the US.
Movie-ticket service Fandango announced Wednesday that 85% more repeat customers are seeing “Endgame” than they were “Avengers: Infinity War” at the same point last year.
“Endgame” shattered the domestic box-office opening-weekend record with $US356 million. How much will it dip in its upcoming second weekend?
“Infinity War” grossed $US258 million in its domestic opening weekend and dropped 55% in its second weekend with $US114 million. If “Endgame” drops 55%, it will still make over $US160 million.
“Star Wars: The Force Awakens” currently holds the record for the biggest second-weekend box office ever with $US149 million. It dropped just 40% in its second weekend.
- Read more of Business Insider’s “Avengers: Endgame” coverage:
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ raises questions about the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but gives plenty of clues
- How ‘Avengers: Endgame’ changes these 5 upcoming Marvel movies and TV shows
- Disney was off with its box-office estimates – and it turns out ‘Avengers: Endgame’ made even more money
- There are 6 Marvel movies in the works for after ‘Avengers: Endgame’ – here are all the details
- How much money 6 Marvel superhero actors got paid, including a $US75 million salary for Robert Downey Jr. in ‘Avengers: Endgame’
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.