- Chris Hemsworth opened up about his “real brotherly bond” with “Avengers: Endgame” costar Chris Evans in an interview with Variety.
- He also said that the two stars weren’t allowed to be paired up for press because they’d probably “spend the whole time screwing around and none of it is on topic.”
- Evans shared similar remarks, telling Variety: “We had too much fun together, and truly like kids in school, we were separated because we weren’t getting s— done.”
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
“With Chris Evans, I have a real brotherly bond,” the 37-year-old actor told Variety in a new interview. “I think they wouldn’t pair us up on this press tour, because we just spend the whole time screwing around and none of it is on topic.”
Evans elaborated on his costar’s statement, telling Variety: “We had too much fun together, and truly like kids in school, we were separated because we weren’t getting s— done.”
The actor, known for portraying Steve Rogers/Captain America in the Marvel Cinematic Universe went on to say that he’d “love” to team up with Hemsworth for “one of those ’80s buddy comedies, where we could shed the characters we are known for.”
This isn’t the first time the stars have discussed their friendship. In April, Hemsworth and Evans recalled hanging out at a club in New York City approximately 10 years ago.
“I think I went out and you’d just done your movie [‘Captain America: The First Avenger’],” Hemsworth told People. “I was training for “Thor” and someone introduced us. We got home [at] about 7 the next morning.”
He continued: “We were like, ‘Cool, working together will be easy then.”
“That’s the way it’s been across the Marvel landscape,” Evans added. “It’s always felt like [an] old hat with the cast.”
Prior to that, Evans told Esquire in 2015 that Hemsworth is “like a brother.”
“We’ve had a very similar trajectory in, at least, being welcomed into this [Marvel] world,” Evans said. “We both took these roles. We were both timid and nervous and didn’t know how it was gonna play out. It’s been nice to kind of share this with him. We each have the standalone films as well, which can be a whole separate element of pressure and anxiety, and he’s just been so helpful to me. Just to have someone else who’s going through the same struggles I am.”
- Read more about “Avengers: Endgame”:
- 5 times ‘Avengers’ stars spoiled ‘Endgame’ before the movie came out
- Robert Downey Jr. gave Chris Evans a classic car when ‘Avengers: Endgame’ wrapped filming, and it includes a Captain America upgrade
- Mark Ruffalo, who ‘got in a lot of trouble’ for spoiling ‘Avengers,’ asked to do press with loose-lipped Tom Holland. Instead, he was paired with ‘tight-lipped’ Chris Evans.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.