LinkedIn, which has just reached 9 million profiles in Australia, has announced its 2017 Power Profiles list.
This Australian list showcases those most viewed on LinkedIn across the following categories: CEOs and Founders, Government, HR, Marketing and Fashion.
These leaders are not only good at what they do, they have also built their professional identity online.
“These Power Profiles have developed their brand on LinkedIn by sharing their diverse experiences and voicing their opinion on topics that matter,” says Matt Tindale, country manager for LinkedIn.
“They are adding value to the community with their insights, helping our members get better at what they do and achieve their professional goals.”
The most viewed CEO and Founders in Australia are:
- Janine Allis, Founder, Boost Juice
- Scott Farquhar, Co-founder & Co-CEO, Atlassian
- Naomi Simson, Co-founder, RedBalloon
- Melanie Perkins, Co-founder & CEO, Canva
- Andrew Penn, CEO, Telstra
- Matt Barrie, CEO, Freelancer.com
- Brian Hartzer, CEO, Westpac Group
- Luke Baylis, Co-founder & CEO Sumo Salad
- Ruslan Kogan, Founder & CEO, Kogan
Tips from Matt Tindale on how to build personal brand on LinkedIn:
- Invest time in actively posting. Tindale says to add thoughts and commentary to what is being discussed and link that your experience or brand.
- Have an authentic perspective. “If you are passionate about topics that matter to you, share your perspective by publishing long form posts and keep it authentic,” says Tindale.
- Nurture your network. He says: “Add value to your network by engaging in meaningful conversations and helping them by sharing insightful information.”