Amazon’s first Black Friday sale in Australia showed we’re a nation with a keen eye for a detergent bargain.
In order, the deal most Amazon Australia shoppers went for was the “save up to 35% off select Video Games” link. Out of that came the best-selling product, Red Dead Redemption II.
Next biggest item on the list? This:
At $16.99 for the Lemon 94-pack, it was too good to miss. That’s 51% off retail price, and free delivery if you’d bought three packs or more.
Then it was mostly all about tech. Here’s what we’re getting for Christmas:
- The best-selling video game deal was for the Nintendo Switch
- The best-selling Amazon device was the Echo Dot
- The best-selling toy was the Fortnite Edition Monopoly Board Game followed by Barbie Dream Camper with Lego being the best-selling brand in toys
- The best-selling consumer electronics product was Bose QuietComfort 35 wireless noise cancelling headphones (Series II). (Sold out.)
- The best-selling homeware product was the Roomba 605 Robotic Vacuum
- The best-selling book was Michelle Obama’s recently released Becoming, and
- The best-selling brands in fashion included Bonds, Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Nike and Birkenstock.
The four-day event is still on, and has now switched into the Cyber Monday phase. You’ll find deals on top tech such as MSI gaming gear, Oculus Rift headsets, printers and TVs here.
But if Black Friday is anything to go by, there’s a solid 41% off Dettol Antibacterial Disinfectant Wipes.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.