Australian stocks closed lower.
- ASX200: 6,048.60 -28.50 -0.47%
- All Ordinaries: 165.90 -21.80 -0.35%
- AUD/USD: 0.7966 0.0000 0.00%
The local market lost ground with the miners and banks leading the drop.
BHP fell 0.7% to $31.66 and energy producer Woodside Petroleum 1.9% to $33.82.
Among financials, Westpac fell 0.8% to $30.82 and the Commonwealth 0.7% to $80.58.
1. Bellamy’s upgraded its revenue and profit guidance. The infant formula maker’s turnaround plan is gaining traction. Its shares closed up almost 25% to $13.68. Blackmores and a2 Milk shares followed.
2. David Jones sales fall again. Its South African owner is thinking about a writedown on its $2.1 billion investment.
3. A bottle of red for $135,000. The buyer who paid $332,608 for a full set of Penfolds Grange is the restaurant group Merivale.
4. Rio Tinto just had a record iron ore quarter. Rio Tinto has hit its annual production forecasts after shipping a quarterly record of 90 million tonnes of iron ore from its Pilbara mines.
5. Up, up and away. 5 amazing jobs in Australia you can apply for right now.
6. Sydney house prices. Damien Boey, Research Analyst at Credit Suisse, is forecasting a likely fall of 5% in 2018.
7. The year ahead. JPMorgan’s complete guide to everything going on in Australian and global markets.
8. The next performance review. 22 things you should never say.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.